Road Sector Institutional Support Programme
The overall objective of this project was to contribute to the strengthening of capacities of the transport infrastructure administration in Guinea-Bissau, with regard to the elaboration of strategic guidelines, the design and execution of the Master Plan for the Road Transport System, in the following components:
• Network of physical infrastructure;
• Institutional, administrative and regulatory framework;
• Financial programming for the missing axes, the improvement and sustainable operation of the existing axes.
Specifically, the project aimed to:
• Define political strategies and operational solutions for the implementation of management structures, in order to maintain the privatisation of the road sector;
• Provide technical assistance to the management of sectoral development projects financed by national funds, in order to facilitate their implementation and improve the effectiveness of their impact;
• Support the strategic development, the implementation of technical tools, the administrative and accounting organisation, the evaluation and review of pre-projects, the evaluation and strengthening of laboratory technology, etc.