Mapping and Functional Analysis of the Ministry of Planning and Finance
The project aimed to contribute to the process of Public Sector Reform by:
- Improving the delivery of public services as a result of the increased capacity of decentralized institutions, increase citizen participation and adjustment of functions and structures of the Central Government;
- Increasing the capacity of the Government, for the formulation and monitoring of public policies;
- Improving Public Sector Performance through better management of human resources, improvement of working conditions and training, leading to motivated staff;
- Managing the public funds in a more effective, efficient, sustainable and transparent way, which is accountable and responsive to political priorities;
- Strengthening the capacity to fight corruption, in particular, through the judiciary and Parliament;
- Promoting an effective leadership and a management reform at both central and provincial levels, with the active participation of citizens and other stakeholders.
To attained these, the project focused on:
- Reviewing the role and functions of the Ministry of Plan and Finances (MPF) and its subordinated agencies in a way that they can strongly answer to the political priorities and establish an updated definition of the role of the Government;
- Creating efficiency gains in staff allocation, use of resources, decision taking and information systems;
- Improving the provision of services and the policy design;
- Ensuring that functions and activities are operated at the adequate level of Government;
- Increasing efficiency and effectiveness;
- Improving the resources management system.