Capacity Building for the Domestication of Harmonized Policies and Regional Minimum Standards for Communicable Diseases for Angola and Mozambique
In order to attain the Harmonized Policies and Regional Minimum Standards for Communicable Diseases in Angola and Mozambique, the project included the training of senior management staff in these countries’ health sector.
The training sessions, mainly in English, focused on the following topics: and Malaria:
- HIV/AIDS (specifically prevention of mother to child transmission and counseling);
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs);
- Tuberculosis prevention and management, including collaboration TB/HIV and drug-resistant tuberculosis;
- Malaria prevention and management, including the elimination of malaria;
- Monitoring and data base management.