Decentralisation and Local Governance Project: Technical Assistance and Training in Planning and Budgeting for Municipalities
The project aimed to strengthen the planning capacity and resource management of 18 municipalities from four provinces (Bie, Bengo, North Kuanza and Malanje).
The project also aimed to learn from the experience in good governance practices that could be disseminated in the whole country to proote democratisation, good governance and public service delivery.
In particular, the technical assistance worked in these areas:
- Developed and implemented a new bottom-up system for planning and budgeting that enabled decentralisation, with linkages at all levels (community, municipal, provincial and national);
- Promoted integrated participatory systems of planning and budgeting, in line with the National Planning Cycle;
- Supported the strengthening of local capacity for the collection of information, integrated planning and budgeting;
- Made available planning and budgeting systems;
- Ensured training in planning and budgeting, using participatory approaches;
- Prepared user-friendly guidelines, manuals and tools.