Administrative Management for the Support of the Integrated Police Unit (IPU) at Kinshasa
The main objective of the Technical Assistance (TA) was to contribute to the reinforcement of the interior security and to the peace consolidation in the Democratic Republic of Congo (RDC) through a performance contribution to the support programme for the creation of an Integrated Police Unit (IPU) aiming for the security of the States' institutions.
More specifically, this TA prepared the administrative management aspects for the European Commission support to the IPU. The projects' activities comprised:
• Coordination of the administrative aspects;
• Elaboration of an agreement protocol with the national Congolese police previewed in the EDF financial proposal;
• Preparation of the dossier of Request for Services (purchase of vehicles and communication equipment), the following and the support to the management of equipment process acquisition;
• Preparation of all contractual documentation or other documentation judged necessary for the support to the IPU;
• Support, if necessary, to the administrative aspects connected with the organisation of cohesion stages of European trainers and to the stage of Congolese framework;
• Inform the authorities concerned about the management of the support project to the IPU.