Support for Strengthening Vaccination Independence in Africa (ARIVA)
The programme measured the impact of the project ARIVA (Support for Strengthening Vaccination Independence in Africa), in each country and in the region as a whole in terms of fight against communicable diseases, particularly in what concerned the vaccination coverage of the priority diseases in the routine vaccination programme, the integration of this fight in the State's health sector strategies and the inter-agencies coordination.
The evaluation was conducted at the national and regional levels, and focused on the following topics:
- Impact of ARIVA project in the financing system of vacintation;
- Impact in the report of cost-effectiveness of vacination programmes;
- Impact on the appropriateness between the supply and demand of routine vaccines, comprising the availability of quality vaccines and consumables;
- Impact on the improvement of the coordination between agencies, at national, regional and international levels, both in terms of vaccination and of epidemiologic surveillance;
- Impact on the each country and the region's epidemiologic surveillance systems.