Platform for the roll-out of the EU External Investment Plan in Palestine
PostSenior Expert in Finance
The Global objective of the project is to support the roll-out of the EU External Investment Plan (EIP) in Palestine by fostering a policy dialogue with the Palestinian authorities and stakeholders to better identify, prioritise, coordinate and promote investment opportunities that the EIP offers through its instruments. In the same line, it is foreseen the compliance of three specific objectives:
1. Enhance identification, prioritisation and coordination of EIP related interventions in Palestine through a policy dialogue with relevant stakeholders, including Palestinian authorities, private sector, international donors and International Financial Institutions.
2. Improve understanding of Palestinian investment and financial markets by analysing market dynamics, studying priority areas identified in the policy dialogue, identifying investment possibilities for EIP financial instruments and needs for investment-related interventions.
3. Raise awareness of the financing opportunities that the EIP offers among the broader public, private sector stakeholders, public authorities and the international community by supporting a pro-active outreach campaign.
- To be currently based in Palestine
- Normal place of posting of the specific assignment: Ramallah.
- Mission(s) outside the normal place of posting and duration(s):
- Frequent missions to Jerusalem will be required (approximately 2x per week). Occasional missions to other cities in the West Bank as well as Gaza will be expected.
- Experts will not be expected to conduct missions with a duration of 12 hours or more from the normal place of posting.
- Expert in Investment, Banking, Financial Services, Financial Sector Regulation and Development FinanceExpert category: Cat. II (>6 years of experience)
- Master's Degree in Economics, Finance, Development Studies or other directly relevant discipline. Bachelor’s Degree in same fields can be accepted provided that additional relevant work experience equivalent to + 1 year is proven.
At least 6 years in the financial sectors, preferably in financing of development in the following areas is preferred:
- Banks and lending institutions;
- Investment and equity funds;
- Public institutions active in investment and financial sectors, including regulatory authorities;
- Development Finance Institutions, including banks, national and multilateral financial institutions;
- International donors active in investment and financial sectors, including donor institutions and donor-funded programmes.
- Prior knowledge of the Palestinian investment and financial sectors, its institutional set-up and main stakeholders would be considered as an asset.
- Proven track-record of strong analytical capacity for delivery of reports, notes and studies in the investment and financial sector is essential.
- Professional experience in Development Finance, notably with interventions supported by international donors, International Financial Institutions and Development Banks, will be considered as a strong asset;
- in managing complex programmes, coordinating work processes and staff will be considered as a strong asset.
- Language skills: English – proficient level of English (C2) is essential. Arabic – knowledge of Arabic is not required, but would be considered as an asset.
- Additional information: Expert in Investment, Banking, Financial Services, Financial Sector Regulation and Development Finance.
Duration of assignment240 w.d