Sustainable Blue Economy Initiative in Mozambique
PostTeam of Experts
All experts will have an advanced university degree (minimum of a Master’s degree or equivalent degree) in blue economy related disciplines:
- Natural /marine resources economics;
- ocean sciences; climate change and environmental related studies;
- legal and public policy studies; political science; business or public administration.
- At least two experts will have an advanced degree in a natural resources and /or ocean/marine sciences related discipline.
- A first-level university degree in combination with five additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A PhD degree within the team in relevant disciplines would be an added advantage.
Professional Experience (Team)
- 12 years in policy development and cooperation programmes.
Within the team there should be adequate and proved experience in all the following areas:
- Policy and legal frameworks reform;
- Strategic development and planning;
- Programme formulation and implementation;
- Institutional support of public institutions;
- Non-State actors, and regional institutions;
- Design and facilitation of institutional coordination mechanisms;
- Finance, financial structure development, and support to Private Sector;
- Facilitation of workshops and consultations.
- All experts will have the ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders, to focus on impact and results, to respond positively to critical feedback, and a consensus-oriented approach to work.
- More than 10 years in the promotion of sustainable and inclusive blue economy growth in developing countries, preferably in Sub-Saharan Africa or/and the WIO sub-region.
One member of the team will have at least 8 years specific expertise:
- In marine and ocean governance and institutional development, including:
- Marine and ocean governance policy and practice Ocean and marine resources research and data management, including innovative technologies.
- Integrated Coastal Zone Management (ICZM).
In sustainable fisheries, including:
- Artisanal /small scale fisheries, aquaculture and mariculture development.
- Fisheries sustainable management Fisheries Monitoring Control and Surveillance.
- Aquatic products value chains, blue food systems, market development, and quality infrastructure.
In marine and oceans conservation and resilience, including:
- Coastal marine ecology, marine research, coastal/marine conservation.
- Marine Protected Areas design and management.
- Nature-based Solutions for Climate Change Adaptation / Disaster Risk Resilience / Blue Carbon offset.
- Within the team there should be excellent knowledge and experience in the following areas: Design and implementation of Financial products directed to the Blue / Green transition.
- Support to Micro and SMEs in developing countries’ context.
- With financial institutions facilities, knowledge of EU objectives on private sector and facilities EFSD+ will be an advantage.
- Green infrastructure’s development related to coastal/marine smart infrastructures, green technology and Innovation, waste management, sustainable coastal tourism.
- Livelihoods vulnerability and resilience assessments and strategies.
- Gender in blue economy contexts -Identification and formulation of EU/INTPA programming cycles.
- Other areas including nutrition, digitalisation, technical and vocational training, in a blue economy context will be an advantage.
- The team leader must have senior experience leading complex multi-stakeholder programme formulations.
- All experts will be fluent in English with strong ability to write and edit documents in English. Although mastering Portuguese is not a requirement for all experts, the team as a whole needs to have the capacity to communicate and work in Portuguese.
HOW TO APPLY
- If you meet the profile send us your CV to email@example.com stating the project reference REQUEST SIEA-2018-1304 and the position you are applying for.
Duration of assignment60/65 w.d