Design of a regional programme in livestock and pastoralism for climate change adaptation in Eastern/Horn of Africa
PostSocio-anthropologist– Mediation of agro-pastoralist conflict
- Specialist in public policies and management programmes and projects in the field of peace, dialogue, security related to access to land, natural resources management, agro-pastoral and livestock resources.
- Higher education degrees in one of the following areas: sociology, socio-economics, agronomy, land law, gender, etc.
- 12 years’ in public policies, animal husbandry programmes and projects, in simplified governance of transhumance, pathways/corridors and management of livestock infrastructure, including 5 years in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Good knowledge, acquired in sub-Saharanian socioeconomics, public-private partnership with professional and civil society organizations in livestock farming/herders organizations.
- In managing a multidisciplinary team of experts in the position of Head of Mission.
- 5 years’ in issues of dialogue and peace, security and conflict resolution over natural resources, farmers, herders, land and peaceful transhumance, preferably in Eastern Africa.
At least 2 projects:
- in the management of land, conflict and transhumance problems in the agro-pastoral sector, agriculture and livestock farming at regional multi-country level in the IGAD region.
- to formulate and/or evaluate programmes to support peaceful transhumance, conflict resolution on livestock farming and the governance of natural resources in the agro-pastoral sector, pastoralism and gender mainstreaming, preferably in Eastern Africa.
- Language skills: English
HOW TO APPLY: If you meet the profile send us your CV to email@example.com, stating the project reference REQUEST SIEA-2018-10627 and the position you are applying for.
Duration of assignment70 w.d