Technical Assistance to the Cooperation Support Facility (CSF II) Programme
Home Based with missions to Timor-Leste
PostKey Expert 1: Programme Manager
Qualifications and skills:
- Master degree in public administration, economics, law, international relations, project management, or a discipline relevant to the scope of the assignment. Alternatively, a Bachelor´s Degree plus 5 years of experience (in addition to the general professional experience – see below) in the aforementioned fields.
- Written and oral fluency in English language and working knowledge of Portuguese language.
- Strong inter-personality and excellent skills in facilitating relations, as evidenced through at least 3 previous assignments in facilitating multi-stakeholder processes;
- Excellent skills in drafting reports and/or ToRs as evidenced by 5 previous assignments requiring such deliverables.
General professional experience:
- 10 (or 15 in the case where there is no relevant Master´s degree – see above) years of general professional experience working in external relations and development cooperation.
- Proven experience of at least 5 years in project management including planning, budgeting and progress monitoring;
- Experience in previous long-term continuous assignments (which may have been interrupted by annual leave or home working days but which include a minimum of 220 working days worked over the whole duration of each assignment) as team leader.
- Working experience in PALOP, Pacific or ASEAN country(ies).
Specific professional experience:
- 5 years' experience of working in collaboration with government ministries in countries included in the OECD DAC List of ODA Recipients;
- One experience (single-continuous – which may have been interrupted by annual leave or home working days) of more than one year in a EU financed Technical Assistance, using the contractual and financial procedures for European Union external actions
- Relevant work experience in Timor would be an advantage.
Duration of assignment125 working days