LOT 3: Human Rights, Democracy and Peace
PostTeam Leader / Key Expert 1
General description of the position:
The Team Leader coordinates the work and the delivery of services required for each area of expertise. He/she plans and interacts regularly with the delegation and the AMCU (and ONAO) to ensure that the pipeline services of the contract respond to the requirements and that are delivered in a timely manner. He/she advises and supports the design of the Actions Documents under the MIP.
He will also be directly responsible for the delivery of specific services linked to Governance. The expert will carry out the following activities, which shall include, but not limited to:
a) Identifying and discussing risks to targets and policies set in the GoL’s national development policies (PAPD and others);
b) Identifying issues in the sphere of Governance that support the delivery of reforms and propose solutions/actions.
Qualifications and skills required:
- Education of at least Master's degree academic level in a field related to development, economics or social science or in the area of this contract (business, economics, governance and human rights). In the absence of a Master's degree a professional experience of at least 7 years in a field closely related to the assignment and to development work, in addition to the number of years of general professional experience stated below, would be considered as equivalent;
- Expertise in reforms programmes in developing countries, external resources mobilization or donor coordination;
- Coordination and communication skills to link both technical and conceptual aspects of relevant sectors (Private Sector development, gender, Institutional strengthening and Governance) and/or cross-cutting sectors, as evidenced by previous assignments in multi-sectoral approaches, involving the aforementioned sectors; Strong inter-personal skills and excellent skills in facilitating relations.
General professional experience:
- At least 12 years of professional experience working in development cooperation policy with governments and/or for development partners;
- Experience of working in collaboration with government ministries in developing countries;
- Experience in project management including planning and budgeting;
- Experience of drafting EU-funded Action Documents, both identification and formulation phases, for an EU Delegation within the past 10 years;
- Team Leader in development projects related to development effectiveness.
Specific professional experience:
- Proven knowledge of EU project management procedures through a collaboration to at least one EU-funded project or programme in a leading position.
- Excellent writing and speaking skills in English. Strong reporting and writing abilities.
Working experiences in an African country or in Liberia would be an advantage.
HOW TO APPLY
If you meet the profile send us your CV to email@example.com, stating the project reference SIEA-2018-16320
Duration of assignment9 months