EU-Canada Policy Dialogues Support Facility
Call For Experts
PostKey expert 2: Junior Expert
CESO is currently looking for a Key Expert to join our Project Coordination Team under the "EU-Canada Policy Dialogues Support Facility".
Since March 2019, CESO is the consortium leader responsible for providing technical assistance to the Initiative “EU-Canada Policy Dialogues Support Facility” funded by the European Union.
The Facility supports strategic dialogues between the EU and Canada, in the framework of the recent EU-Canada Strategic Partnership Agreement and Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA).
This translates into supporting the exchange of best practices, know-how and expertise between EU and Canada in several priority policy areas, maintaining a close contact mainly with the EU Delegation to Canada, but also with the Canadian Authorities involved in the dialogues (Government of Canada departments and agencies) and the respective EU counterparts (EC DGs and Agencies).
A team of three people constitutes the Project Coordination Unit.
We are currently looking for an expert with the following requirements:
- University degree, with at least a postgraduate degree (or equivalent) in areas relevant to the job (i.e. International Relation, Political Sciences, Economics, Law);
- The Key expert 2 will have the responsibility to support the Team Leader in the implementation of the project including drafting specific ToR for the action, facilitating exchanges among different EU and Canadian stakeholders, and support the PCU in the administrative tasks.
- Preferably 5 years of general professional experience;
- A minimum of 3 years of working in project management and implementation.
Specific professional experience
- Working experience international cooperation projects in Canada is an advantage.
- Good communication and facilitation skills;
- Fluency in French and English; Strong analytical skill and computer literacy.
It is a long-term assignment, from September 2021 to August 2022 (about 1 year), based in Ottawa, with potential occasional travel across Canada, and a workload of around 100 days (an average of 8 days per month). Contract periods may be subjected to extension.
HOW TO APPLY:
- If you meet the profile send us your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating the project reference EU-CAN KE2 - SURNAME NAME and the position you are applying for.
Duration of assignment100 w.d