Coordination of activities with the International Financial Institutions
PostTeam Leader / Senior Economist
CountrySub-Saharan Africa / Brussels
- University degree (Master’s Degree Academic level) in Economics or Finance;
- if University degree at Bachelor’s level, an additional relevant general professional experience of at least three years.
- A master’s degree in economics/finance or relevant equivalent discipline will be considered as an asset.
- 12 years of professional experience in the fields of Innovative financing for Development from which 5 years’ related to International Financial Institutions and/or Development Financial Institutions.
- 3 previous professional assignments as Team leader (of minimum 6 months each): management of similar services and coordination of teams of experts.
- In-depth knowledge of Financing for Development issues, sound knowledge of the role of Financing for Development in the international development landscape and the on-going international discussions on these issues.
- Strong data collection and data interpretation skills;
- Ability to manage data analysis and deliver background notes, tables, graphs, data simulations and projections, and detailed figures on request;
- Skills in statistical and data modelling and presentation, including of complex sets of data, through dedicated IT software’s for data analysis and visualisation;
- At least one previous professional field experience in Africa (such as investment funds e.g. venture, early stage) will be considered as an asset.
- Strong policy analysis and drafting skills;
- Ability to present data and information for public presentation, including visually, in an accessible manner;
- In-depth knowledge and proven experience working on the ODA reporting system;
- Good knowledge of SDG indicators and results frameworks;
- Good facilitation and communication skills both oral and written, including ability to deliver trainings and to present in an accessible manner;
- Normal place of posting for this specific assignment is Brussels, Belgium. Home-based work will be allowed especially for the inception phase, desk review and synthesis reporting phases, except when meetings/events are taking place in Brussels.
- Mission(s) outside the normal place of posting will take place in Europe and potentially sub-Saharan Africa.
- English and French proficiency
HOW TO APPLY: If you meet the profile send us your CV to email@example.com, stating the project reference REQUEST SIEA-2018-17393 and the position you are applying for.
Duration of assignment197 w.d.