Design of a regional programme in livestock and pastoralism for climate change adaptation in Eastern/Horn of Africa
PostExpert in Drought resilience
- Specialist in public policies and management programmes and projects in the field of sustainable natural resources management, drought resilience and adaptation, disaster resilience of vulnerable communities especially those in the pastoral and agro-pastoral areas, technologies and weather forecast dissemination.
- 8 years’ in public policies in adaptation measures, drought resilience, disaster risk reduction, disasters and emergencies, including 5 years in sub-Saharan Africa.
- In drought and flood related resilience policies at national, cross-border and regional levels would be an asset (e.g. IDDRSI).
- 2 projects in adaptation measures, assessment of vulnerabilities and risks at regional multi-country level in sub-Saharan Africa and in the Horn of Africa.
- 2 projects) to formulate and/or evaluate programmes in natural resources management and to support climate adaptation measures at community, national and regional levels.
- Good knowledge in drought resilience, adaptation measures, assessment of vulnerabilities and risks at regional multi-country level in sub-Saharan Africa and in the Horn of Africa.
- 5 years’ in drought related adaptation activities, anticipatory actions and disaster risk reduction.
- Language skills: English
HOW TO APPLY: If you meet the profile send us your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating the project reference REQUEST SIEA-2018-10627 and the position you are applying for.
Duration of assignment60 w.d.