Design of a regional programme in livestock and pastoralism for climate change adaptation in Eastern/Horn of Africa
PostExpert in animal health
- Highly qualified specialist in public livestock policies and animal health (veterinary governance, epizootic diseases, zoonoses and control of cross-border animal diseases;
- qualifications in one of the following areas: veterinary science, zootechnics, animal health, etc.
- 8 years in animal husbandry policies, veterinary governance and animal health, including 5 years in sub-Saharan Africa.
- 3 projects to formulate and/ or evaluate livestock support programmes and in the field of veterinary governance, and has carried out at least 3 missions to plan, implement or monitor animal husbandry and pastoralism development policies.
- Good knowledge, acquired in Sub-Saharan Africa and East Africa/Horn of Africa, of the following subjects in the field of livestock and animal health: public finances, socio-economics, public-private partnership with professional and civil society organizations in livestock farming.
- In epidemiological surveillance;
- 5 years’ in institutional and organizational support in the area of prevention and control of cross-border animal diseases.
- Language skills: English
HOW TO APPLY: If you meet the profile send us your CV to email@example.com, stating the project reference REQUEST SIEA-2018-10627 and the position you are applying for.
Duration of assignment60 w.d.