Curricular Internship 2021
Research Assignment: CESO’s alignment with SDG
PostCurricular Internship 2021
The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, adopted by all United Nations Member States in 2015, provides a shared blueprint for peace and prosperity for people and the planet, now and into the future. At its heart are the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), which are an urgent call for action by all countries - developed and developing - in a global partnership. They recognize that ending poverty and other deprivations must go hand-in-hand with strategies that improve health and education, reduce inequality, and spur economic growth – all while tackling climate change and working to preserve our oceans and forests.
As an organization focused on working with public and private institutions to contribute to reducing poverty, improving the leaving conditions of individuals and building a more just and equitable society, CESO implements projects that have a direct contribution to many of the SDG.
Under the Curricular Internship 2021, a young professional will carry out a research assignment to highlight CESO’s alignment with the SDG, through the definition and application of a suitable approach to identify the most relevant SDG for each of our core projects.
- Participate in CESO's induction sessions;
- Carry out a preliminary research about SDG, its policy background, its targets and indicators;
- Research on methods for reporting SDG alignment for development projects;
- Propose a suitable approach to identify the most relevant SDG for CESO’s projects;
- Apply the agreed approach to a set of CESO’s core projects;
- Write paper brief on CESO´s contribution to the SDG.
- Approach to identify the most relevant SDG on projects implemented by CESO;
- Allocation of SDG to a selection of (20-30) projects;
- “CESO’s contribution to the SDG”; Brief 2-3pp in EN and/or PT.
WHO CAN APPLY
If you are interested, before sending your application, please consider (compulsory requirements)
- Are you a University student, or have completed a degree in the last 6 months, in development and cooperation or related field?
- Are you motivated to, pro-actively and autonomously (not alone), take up your tasks?
- Do you have strong communication skills, both in English and Portuguese? For non-Portuguese natives, intermediate knowledge of the Portuguese language will be considered adequate.
- Do you have good computer skills – especially advanced command of MS-Word® and MS-Excel?
- Are you motivated with the possibility of joining a leading international development consultancy company?
Duration of the Internship/Assignment: 3 months from mid-September to mid-December 2021
Location: CESO’s office in Lisbon. Possibility to carry out home based work one day per week.
Report: Heads of Technical Department and Business Development and Marketing Department
If you answered “yes” to requirements send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 23 2021, quoting - Curricular Internship SDG 21
(if you do not meet these requirements, please do not to apply).
Duration of assignment90 days