Nutrition and Promoting Farming Programmes Evaluation
PostFood and Nutrition Senior Expert / Team Leader – Team of Experts
- Master's Degree or equivalent professional experience relating to food and nutrition security;
- PhD will be an added advantage (Team Leader).
Professional Experience (Team of Experts)
// The team must have:
- Expertise in the area of Agriculture, Food and Nutrition Security with relevant knowledge of the implementation of projects for agriculture and nutrition research, agriculture and nutrition training and education, food and nutrition security, agriculture and nutrition advocacy, agronomy, as well as the use of monitoring and evaluation and information management systems in programme, design, implementation, coordination and reporting including use of monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning (MEAL) tools.
- Familiar with international and national policies related to agriculture and food and nutrition security, resource and result tracking as well as with EU development policy and EC development cooperation programmes.
// Cumulative experience of at least:
- 20 years in the area of evaluation with at least 5 evaluations conducted for EU funded programmes in sub-Saharan Africa;
- 5 evaluations of donor funded programmes/ projects relating to nutrition and 5 evaluations relating to agriculture;
- 2 assignments relating to M&E of nutrition projects (specific focus on food consumption, dietary quality and anthropometry);
- 5 assignments relating to development of data collection tools or; data analysis and reporting (using appropriate computer packages) including Monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning tools;
- 5 assignments relating to the organization and conducting workshops/ seminars.
- 5 assignments in supporting operational research on agriculture production and diversification using farmer field school and /or Farmer Business School approach (including linking research to extension);
- 3 assignments in establishing agribusiness platforms and commodity value chains in developing countries;
- 3 assignments on promotion of climate smart agriculture technologies;
- 2 assignments relating to nutrition curricula development and reviews or on education and social behavioural change communications, on donor-funded programmes/projects in developing countries;
// Proven work experience in:
- Agriculture sector governance;
- transfer of skills through capacity building initiatives;
- Sub-Saharan Africa region is an asset;
- similar assignments carried out in Malawi will be considered an asset.
- English fluency.
// To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume quoting the following reference: EuropeAid/138778/DH/SER/multi SIEA-2018-557
Duration of assignment40 working days