Design of a regional programme in livestock and pastoralism for climate change adaptation in Eastern/Horn of Africa
PostAgro-economist, expert in livestock
- Animal husbandry specialist;
- Specialist in livestock economics; including pastoralism and cross-border transhumance, higher qualifications in one of the following areas: agro-economics, zootechnics, agronomy, and/or diploma related to pastoralism.
- 8 years in livestock development projects, developing value chains, including 5 years in Sub-Saharan Africa, and with proven competence in at least 3 livestock value-chain and pastoralism projects in Africa;
- in livestock farming and pastoralism economics and at least 5 years’ in institutional and organizational support in the sector of development of the livestock, meat, feed and local milk sectors and livestock marketing.
- Good knowledge of the regional institutional landscape and of existing regional and national strategies and policies on livestock and/or pastoralism;
- head of mission, at least (5) five similar missions to formulate or evaluate livestock development projects or strategies.
- Worked in sub-Saharan Africa, preferably in Eastern Africa for at least five (5) years.
- Language skills: English
HOW TO APPLY: If you meet the profile send us your CV to email@example.com, stating the project reference REQUEST SIEA-2018-10627 and the position you are applying for.
Duration of assignment60 w.d.