EU-Canada Policy Dialogues Support Facility
Call For Experts
PostKey expert 3: Junior Expert/Communications Lead
CESO is currently looking for a dynamic communication specialist based in Ottawa.
Since March 2019, CESO is the consortium leader responsible for providing technical assistance to the Initiative “EU-Canada Policy Dialogues Support Facility” funded by the European Union.
The Facility supports strategic dialogues between the EU and Canada, in the framework of the recent EU-Canada Strategic Partnership Agreement and Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA).
This translates into supporting the exchange of best practices, know-how and expertise between EU and Canada in several priority policy areas, maintaining a close contact mainly with the EU Delegation to Canada, but also with the Canadian Authorities involved in the dialogues (Government of Canada departments and agencies) and the respective EU counterparts (EC DGs and Agencies).
A team of three people constitutes the Project Coordination Unit.
We are currently looking for a communication specialist, with the following requirements:
- University degree, with at least a postgraduate degree (or equivalent) in areas relevant to the job (i.e. journalism, public relations).
- The Key expert 3 will have the responsibility to support the Team Leader in the implementation of the visibility and communication strategy including drafting specific documents and press releases. He/she will be in charge of the contact with the media in cooperation with the EU Delegation Press and Information office. He will also support the PCU in the administrative tasks.
- A minimum of 3 years of working in similar position;
- Strong knowledge of Canadian media and communication environment;
- Working experience in Canada is an advantage;
- Fluency in French and English;
- Good communication and facilitation skills.
It is a long-term assignment, from September 2021 to August 2022 (about 1 year), based in Ottawa, with potential occasional travel across Canada, and a workload of around 100 days (an average of 8 days per month). Contract periods may be subjected to extension.
HOW TO APPLY:
- If you meet the profile send us your CV to email@example.com, stating the project reference EU-CAN KE3 - SURNAME NAME and the position you are applying for.
Duration of assignment100 w.d