As part of the Low Carbon Business Action in Brazil project, the Brazilian city of Ribeirão Preto hosted the Matchmaking meeting where 15 European and 25 Brazilian companies met.
In early May, the event provided, during four days, the exchange of knowledge among participants from both continents on subjects related to technology, processes and innovative products, research for productivity solutions promoting, in this sense, the debate on proposals for a common understanding within the framework of economic and environmental development.
Among the areas considered to be subject to potential partnership agreements between the Brazil and the member states of the European Union Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs), the following are highlighted:
- Plant nutrition: efficient fertilization;
- Animal nutrition: low carbon animal diet;
- Biotechnology: artificial insemination and genetic improvement of animals and plants;
- Planting of forests: in vitro breeding systems, effective techniques of seed production, planting, pest control, etc;
- Livestock areas: recovery of degraded areas of pasture, and integration of crop-livestock-forest (agrosilvopastoral systems);
- Soil conservation: reforestation and fire detection technologies;
- Machinery industry technologies;
- Precision agriculture: agricultural property management;
- Training in Low Carbon Agriculture;
- Mapping of changes in land use, modeling, software and satellite images;
- Monitoring and prediction of agricultural productivity: modeling and software.
As a balance of the LCBA Matchmaking Mission - Low Carbon Agriculture, it should be noted that 39 SMEs successfully concluded the negotiations; of these, 15 came from the European Union, the remaining 24 from Brazil. As a result of these agreements, 53 Cooperation and Partnership Agreements between entrepreneurs were reached.
Having been held in conjunction with the International Fair of Agricultural Technology in Action - Agrishow - which is considered the main event in the sector in Latin America and one of the most important in the world - the Matchmaking Mission of Low Carbon Business Action in Brazil had the Support from Sebrae (Brazilian Service to Support Micro and Small Companies) and CNA (National Confederation of Agriculture).
Funded by the European Union, the mission was carried out under the Low Carbon Business Action in Brazil project, whose main beneficiaries are small and medium-sized enterprises in Brazil and the European Union.
With funding from the European Union, the Low Carbon Business Action in Brazil project is implemented by an international consortium with the collaboration of CESO. Its purpose is to contribute to sustainable development and reduce the environmental impacts of Brazilian industries through the adoption of low carbon and energy efficiency technologies in target sectors.
See the project website here
To know more about this project, see here
Find the link to the photo gallery of the LCBA Matchmaking Mission here