In order to promote and facilitate collaboration and cooperation between the different actors The Ianda Guinea! Program Coordination Unit that CESO is implementing in Guinea-Bissau, ensures the provision of Technical Assistance during its implementation.
For its part, the European Union's Program for Resilience and Socioeconomic Opportunities for Guinea Bissau, Ianda Guinea! aims to strengthen the resilience of the country's population, with particular attention to women and young people who live in rural areas. It covers a wide range of sectors, namely rural development, food and nutrition security, water and energy, health and civil society, comprising 8 complementary actions that are implemented by different operators.
In this context, the Ianda Guinea! Program Coordination Unit promotes the integrated planning of the activities to be developed, as well as the search for strategic and operational synergies between the different actions identified.
The 8 Actions to be implemented by the Ianda Guinea! Program are as follows:
1. Citizens of Guinea-Bissau play a leading role in terms of solving collective problems; in the Djuntu Action, the participation and performance of Organized Citizens' Collective is considered to be essential and central to the implementation of this Action;
2. Improve access to water, energy and sanitation services for rural and semi-urban populations in Guinea-Bissau; the Lus Ku Iagu Action stands out, namely, the construction of a mini photovoltaic network in the city of Bolama.
3. Strengthen the national health system in Guinea-Bissau; Saúdi Action will strengthen the management and competence of its employees at national level.
4. Improved access to rural areas in Oio, Quínara and Tombali to facilitate the marketing of agricultural products and access to basic social services for local populations; through the Roads Action, the commercialization of agricultural production and access to basic social services will be facilitated.
5. Increase the income of producers in the agricultural ranks; Actions Arrus, Chickens and Gardens. Concerning the Arrus Action, the mangrove rice sector will be boosted, mainly through sustainable increase in production, in order to improve the yields and food security of producers in the mangrove rice sector; regarding Galinhas Action, efforts will be made to strengthen the capacity of the national poultry sector, which is crucial to increase its competitiveness in the Guinean and sub-region markets. Finally, in the case of the Hortas Action, will be made an improvement in the quality of the horticulturists' diet and their income will also be protected.
6. Promote food and nutritional security in the families of farmers in the agricultural sectors (common to the Kume Dritu, Arrus and Hortas Actions).
As it is a geographically vast and multisectoral Program, which has the involvement of several actors, it is important to promote the creation of mechanisms that ensure the integration and articulation of the various components in a single coherent and articulated Program.
The Ianda Guinea! Program Coordination Unit will thus, throughout its implementation, contribute to the achievement of the specific objectives described above in order to achieve the following Results:
- Creation of mechanisms for integrated planning of activities and the search for strategic and operational synergies between the different components identified and put into practice.
- Elaboration of a global monitoring framework and an evaluation scheme for the Program, to foster its dissemination and implementation.
- Design of a common action plan for communication, documentation and visibility, so that it is disseminated and executed throughout the Program.
Promoted by the European Union and implemented by CESO, the Ianda Guinea! Program Coordination Unit started its work in March 2019 and will have a duration of 59 months.
Find out more about this initiative on the Ianda Guinea! Program website