Measuring and enhancing the performance of protected areas
PostSenior Expert and head of the mission
- Master Degree or equivalent in a field related to conservation/ecology (agronomy, biology, forestry, breeding/veterinary, geography).
- Of protected areas management, planning, monitoring and evaluation, preferably in Africa.
- Field experience in different “biodiversity conservation” contexts, with particular - but not exclusive - focus on Africa, especially on Central and Western Africa.
- Management of national, regional or transboundary development programs, preferably in the field of biodiversity conservation and protected areas management (management of EU funded projects would be an asset);
- use of PAME (protected areas management effectiveness) assessment systems and tools;
- use for operational/field purposes of project cycle, project planning, project monitoring, project evaluation methodologies and in the drafting/use of protected areas planning and management instruments. Extensive competence in objectives, indicators and benchmarks setting”, in the use of the logical framework and in the use of the most common result-oriented tools, etc.);
- in training/capacity-building and good knowledge of EU development cooperation and conservation policies and strategies would be important assets.
- French and English fluent (speaking, reading and writing).
// To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume quoting the following reference: ACP Countries/ EUROPEAID/138778/DH/SER/MULTI
Duration of assignment140 working days