TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE TO THE NATIONAL DROUGHT MANAGEMENT AUTHORITY
PostTechnical and Management Adviser (team leader)
- Master’s degree or at least 4 years in one or more of the following or other related fields: agriculture, disaster management, economics, and rural development, or any other equivalent degree.
- At least 12 years in developing countries in the fields of rural development, natural resources management, agriculture, food security, or directly related fields.
- At least 5 years’ in advisory positions to government bodies.
- Working knowledge of disaster/drought risk management, early warning systems, contingency planning and funding.
- In-depth knowledge of drylands issues and proven experience in food security in developing countries;
- of working in a team and proven ability to work at an institutional level on capacity building.
- With the project development cycle and field operations.
- In Kenya and its arid areas will be considered an advantage.
- Of implementing EDF administrative and financial regulations.
- English proficiency
Duration of assignment570 working days