Modernisation of the agricultural sector
PostAgriculture Value Chains and Marketing expert
• Master degree or equivalent, PhD an advantage), ideally in agricultural economics/development economic.
• 12 years' in agricultural sector reforms in the context of development;
• three quantitative and qualitative field research or evaluation projects with experience in data collection with rural communities in developing contexts using participatory, livelihoods or equivalent methods.
• In agricultural value chain/cluster development in a private sector context in developing countries for at least 5 years;
• In evaluating at least one World Bank-implemented project;
• Capacity building in public sector reforms of development stakeholders in at least one project;
• In agricultural policy design, analysis and implementation in at least 2 projects;
• In Public-Private Partnership;
• In gender issues mainstreaming in development;
• Practical or research experience in the region.
• In EU budget support design, review or implementation
• Fluency in English;
• Knowledge of local languages (Sinhalese and Tamil) is an asset.
// To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume quoting the following reference: Sri Lanka /Request 2019/405327/Lot 1
Duration of assignment25 working days