Sustainable agriculture development
PostAgriculture senior expert
- Masters Degree Academic level or equivalent professional experience.
- At least 6 years of relevant professional experience;
- in developing countries;
- in agriculture sector in developing countries;
- 5 years in the agriculture sector;
- in Africa, in particular in West Africa, will be considered as an asset;
- in financing agriculture sector in developing countries will be considered as an asset.
The Expert have to cover one of the following specific fields of expertise:
1) in finance, financial institutions and micro-finance:
- in financial sector assessment, in particular in:
- MSME (Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises) Finance;
- Economic and financial viability vs. need for grants; financial and economic project sustainability;
- Rationale for the use of grants as incentives/to fill gaps: investment grants, interest-rate subsidies, technical assistance, fee/premia cost cover subsidy;
- Blended finance.
- In developing dedicated credit lines with local financial institutions, banking intermediation or small-scale sustainable agriculture financing schemes;
- of working with banks in developing countries (training, support to agriculture financing project evaluation), in particular for financial services to Small, medium and micro-enterprises (credit lines, equity, guarantees, micro-credit).
2) in private sector and SMEs, in particular agro-businesses:
- in Value Chain development projects;in small-scale and medium-scale agriculture projects, especially post-harvest projects;
- in Small and Medium enterprises (SME) support (inclusive advisory services for management, production, technology, research & development, financing, training, environmental impact, production quality, etc.).
- English proficiency.
Duration of assignment65 working days