Applications for companies wishing to participate in the Matchmaking Mission on Energy Efficiency in Buildings / Construction which will take place in São Paulo, from August 9 to 12 are open until June 17th.
Energy Efficiency in Buildings is the theme of an international meeting between Small and Medium Enterprises of the European Union and from Brazil to be held in August in that country.
The initiative is part of the project Low Carbon Business Action in Brazil; it envisages meetings for more than seven hundred of Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) from Brazil and the European Union, to foster the exchange of innovative experiences and to encourage the transition to technologies and low-carbon processes.
The project is focused on key sectors that will make a decisive contribution in this way, in particular the energy efficiency in industry, biomass (2nd generation), agriculture, aquaculture, forestry, energy production and consumption, solid waste management. Through the construction on buildings, those will be the main issues around which will be organized this first international meeting of Matchmaking.
By establishing cooperation agreements and partnerships it is thus intended to contribute to the reduction of greenhouse effect gas emissions in Brazil providing, in parallel, greater competitiveness and environmental sustainability for the companies involved.
The Matchmaking programme should, in this context, contribute to promote sustainable transition of Brazilian MSEs for low-carbon technologies, ensuring greater resource efficiency in production processes and providing access to international markets for SMEs specialized in the development and supply of these technologies in the European Union.
The program provides a number of initiatives which stand out in particular:
- Promotion of meetings between partners who will be selected according to the demand / supply of appropriate solutions and environmental technologies (Matchmaking initiatives);
- lectures on topics related to the environment and sustainability, technology and business environment in Brazil;
- presentation of case studies and organization of guided visits to local industries and companies operating in the so-called “green economy” sectors;
- equipment demonstrations by manufacturers;
These initiatives will create a favorable enabling environment for the implementation of various types of business, such as import / export agreements, distribution partnerships and commercial representations, creation of joint ventures and investment partnerships, research investment agreements, development and knowledge exchange and establishment of agreements between SMEs clusters networks.
Applications are open to companies that contribute to energy efficiency in buildings and construction, including:
- Architectural and design companies;
- Engineering firms and planning;
- Construction companies;
- Consultant companies, mainly from sustainable construction;
- Technology-producing companies;
- Manufacturers of building materials, equipment or industrial plants;
- Management entities or of clusters support;
- Companies who will participate in the Matchmaking Program will access to advice and assistance for investments and agreements; they will also receive European Union assistance in matters related to development of partnerships through proposals that could be financed under the “Low Carbon Business Action in Brazil” project.
The SMEs may be reimbursed at about 80% in travel expenses.
To learn more about how SMEs can participate in the event, see here.
Funded by the European Union, the “Low Carbon Business Action in Brazil” project lasts for 30 months and is implemented by an international Consortium which counts with CESO cooperation.
It aims to contribute to sustainable development and reduce the environmental impacts of Brazilian industries through the adoption of low-carbon technologies and energy efficiency in target sectors.
To know more about this project, see here